Friday, December 01, 2006
***

Fairy Tales & French Knots (Erin)
Fave colours: Purple, blue, burgundy
Fave designers: So hard to pick! Dragon Dreams, Black Swan, Cross-Eyed Cricket, Just Nan, The Sweetheart Tree, Homespun Elegance, Shepherd's Bush, Waxing Moon, San-Man Originals, JBW Designs ... I'm sure there are more ...
Fave styles of designs/stitching styles: I love magical/fantasy, but I think I may be reaching my saturation point there (yikes!). Elegant Renaissance/medieval/maiden designs often catch my eye. Celtic/Irish stuff is always a fave. I like some more rustic/antique designs, but can be kind of picky.
Fave thread types/brands: I like 6-stranded anything ... dyed, regular, whatever. I'm just getting into the "silk scene"...
Fave fabrics: 28ct evenweaves - hand-dyeds are yummy!!
Any dislikes: Religious themes, cartoony-style designs, Stoney Creek, cutesy stuff. The large geometric-style samplers are pretty, but not something I'd stitch. I'm also not yet ready for very intricate band samplers. And my husband doesn't want to have pieces with "unnecessary alphabets" on the walls ... LOL.
Pets/children: One cat, one dog, one husband
Birthday: 17 April 1976
Wishlist URL: Over at The Wagon under "ErintheLibrarian" - Click here
Any small RAK's that would be enjoyed: Candles, trial-sized lotions and smelly stuff, stickers and stationery, fun pens, hot chocolate
Fave holidays: Christmas and Halloween! (love Autumn in general)
Holidays not celebrated or liked: Not crazy about Easter or 4th of July

Familiar Stitches/Tuttuja Pistoja (Tuula)
Fave colours: Blue
Fave designers: N/A
Fave styles of designs/stitching styles: Kitchen motifs
Fave thread types/brands: Just for the moment DMC colour variations
Fave fabrics: Small count aida and linen
Any dislikes: Black in colour
Pets/children: N/A
Birthday: 12 June 1965
Wishlist URL: N/A
Any small RAK's that would be enjoyed: Scissors fob, needlebook
Fave holidays: Christmas
Holidays not celebrated or liked: N/A

Feather Stitching (Anne)
Fave colours: Blues - all shades, but especially adore the brights such as turquoise/cobalt - but also like other rich bright colours such as deep reds, purples, greens etc - the only colours I'm not particularly keen on are pinks and apricots (especially pastels)
Fave designers: Too many to mention, but I like Teresa Wentzler, Mirabilia, Just Nan, The Victoria Sampler, The Sweetheart Tree, Calico Crossroads, Chatelaine, Laura J Perin, Paw Printings, With My Needle, Shepherd's Bush (needlerolls only, though) - and love French redwork and 'smalls' designs
Fave styles of designs/stitching styles: I like specialty stitches, and love 'smalls' designs/projects. I love the look of hardanger, but haven't done much myself yet - I love trying new stitching techniques. Probably easier to say what I don't like here, as I have a pretty eclectic taste in stitching! I like fantasy, and a mix of contemporary and traditional - and starting to love monochrome designs more and more
Fave thread types/brands: Love overdyeds/variegated threads, eg GAST, Crescent Colors, Carrie's Threads, Needle Necessities - and adore stitching with Gloriana silks ... I love most threads, but my fave 'general' floss is DMC
Fave fabrics: Prefer 32ct/36ct fabrics in either Lugana/linen (not a huge fan of Jobelan or Aida, but I've been known to stitch on both at times) - I enjoy stitching on most colours, except for pinks/apricots, and really like naturals/neutral colours
Any dislikes: I don't enjoy stitching in pastels on the whole, but I love to see pastels stitched up - I'm not fond of the colour pink, and seriously dislike 'historical' old-fashioned samplers. I'm also not fond of alphabet samplers, cutesy/country themes or primitive but that's about it - everything else is fair game! ;)
Pets/children: None yet
Birthday: 16 February 1966
Wishlist URL: Click here
Any small RAK's that would be enjoyed: Love stationery items of any type (pens, notecards etc), tea/hot chocolate/coffee sachets are great, as are fridge magnets and postcards, and I have a sweet tooth as far as chocolate and sweeties are concerned ;) Anything with a duck is always treasured!
Fave holidays: Christmas
Holidays not celebrated or liked: None
 
posted by Anne S at 9:22 pm |


1 Comments:


At 8:07 am, Blogger Deb

Anne,
Can you email me? I need your snail mail addy.
Also, I wanted to let you know I have sent my RAK box to my stitching friend on our registry list!! Can't wait 'til she gets it.
Do we have a chat place here so we can tell what's going on??
Warmest regards, and hugs,
Deb in FL